Friday, October 23, 2009

Ahhhh...Friday

Do you ever get to the end of the week and just feel like you've been through a tornado? I've been busier this week than I usually ever get (I try to keep my life simple so that I don't stress) and I'm definitely feeling it today. But it feels good to know that I got some things accomplished that have been on the back burner for a while.

We were able to can 500+ lbs of food storage, finally get on track to buy an insulin pump for Sam, get some deep cleaning done and throwing some stuff out. My week will be topped off tomorrow with preparing the garden for the winter. I'm starting to feel a little more organized and in charge of my life and it's been great!

Looking back at the busy-ness of the week and the stress that I have felt through it all, I remind myself of the blessings. The kids made it to piano on time, we're a little more prepared than we were last week, my dresser is actually cleared of clutter and dusted, the kitchen floor is mopped, I was able to have one-on-one quality time with the kids...oh, and the toilets got cleaned too. When I am able to look at the things I've been able to accomplish and see the good that has been done, I am able to relax a little and feel good about my week.

No comments: