Monday, April 13, 2009

Tidbits of thought

Lessons I've learned while being a partial invalid these last two weeks.

1. Service isn't as hard as it seems. A little phone call, a short visit, even a note with a snack or meal has brightened my world. I shouldn't be afraid or feel that someone else will do it.

2. Do you notice that the same few people are always the ones to sign up to give and help? And those few, in my eyes, are the people that seem to be happiest. They're the ones that I have often thought of as my examples of how I want to be...is it coincidence that they give so much of themselves?

3. It's selfish when I don't give service. In the past I would often think, "I don't know them well enough", "Someone else will take care of them", "I'm too busy with...". My good intentions are not enough!

4. Simplify. Slow down. Enjoy. And nurture friendships.

5. God is good. His ways are not our ways. He waits for us to reach out for his hand. He wants to bless us.

6. A thought from a dear friend (put in my own words because I can't remember quite how she put it): Live your life in such a way that each morning when you wake up, Satan says, "Dang! She's awake again!"

2 comments:

Jessie DeMille said...

That is great Jenny, Thanks for the inspiration!

Christy Hooley said...

Jenn,

Hey! I miss seeing you at Pampered Chef stuff - but I understand things change. In fact, we're moving to Wyoming this summer. Sorry to hear about your accident! I love how you see inspiration in it - you're awesome!