Hi all! I have to tell you of my hilarious happenings this morning! Like many of you out there, my zucchini plants are producing a very healthy crop this year and I'm forced to dig up any zucchini recipe I have. I remembered many years ago my friend had me over to her house to teach me how to make zucchini jam. Weird? Yes! Yummy? All who have tasted it think so. So...anyway, I have been making several batches of zucchini jam this month and proceeded to put my "fruits" to good use this morning. The jam was cooked and I was putting the lids and rings on -- now you have to know that part of the process is to turn the jars on the lids as they cool and this makes the seal -- when next thing I know, I turn one over and it spills everywhere!! I couldn't imagine what had happened!! Did the top of the jar break due to the heat of the jam?? Did I not get it tight enough?? So I pick it up prepared to clean a mess of glass when I find that I had forgotten to put the lid on!! Yes, laugh with me! I forgot to put the lid on!! Needless, to say, I think we have enough zucchini jam for the next two years and I'll stick to making my famous zucchini bread...

1 comment:
Our crops didn't do so hot this year...keep the recipe handy and I will snag it from you next season! I hope with a lot more TLC it'll do better! xoxoxo thanks for the song info! luv luv
Post a Comment